About Us

theatre two point oh # was originally conceived as a joint collaboration between CILASS and suTCo at the University of Sheffield. The idea, quite simply, was to create a play, from scratch, collaboratively. The result was "Surveillance", involving the input of over 30 contributors, performed in May 2008 at the University of Sheffield Drama Studio.

Thursday 15 November 2007

Coming Together

The last couple of days have seen a few developments, and some very promising links are starting to emerge. First of all, I've been contacted by Kieron Bryan, who's currently doing an MA in Broadcast Journalism; he's going to be producing a 2 minute TV spot, featuring some of the initial meetings and workshops, and an outline of the project and who's involved. He's also expressed an interest in continuing to document the process, so I'm definitely looking forward to chatting with him and upping the ante regarding documenting what we're doing.

I also had a meeting today with both Laura and Mark Morely , currently part of the core team for the aforementioned CILASS. It felt like a really positive meeting, and it was really good to see such an initially positive response from the group. This is not to say that they can necessarily help us out to the fullest extent (there are a lot of complicated issues that come into play, won't bore you with them here), but it seems like there's a real will to see what they can do, and so we'll have to see what comes of this. At any rate, it was good to hear more positive feedback and more ideas - such as to start recording even these early meetings as mp3s or even on video.

I then moved on with Laura to meet with Jamie Wood, another member of the team, as I'm going to apply to become a member of the Student Ambassador Network for my Department. We also had a little time to discuss ttpo# and it was really good to hear Laura able to condense my waffled cluster of ideas down into a meaningful series of concise statements...

A little screen has popped up on this PC telling me I've only got 5 more mins, so I better leave it there, but I will leave you with this:

"Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand." Courtesy of thirteen.org

No comments: